Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Affection Series: O2Jam Fanfiction (Chapter 2 - Make it Rock!)



7 years have passed. The world is still a dangerous place to live in. People are still killing each other, and money is everyone's first priority.

"Make it Rock!" This was everyone's favorite line from the song of the new band in town. They were known as Silver Dawn. But little did everyone know, there are many stories behind this band.

Terry Henson is their producer. And of course, the vocalist is none other than Robert. But he was called James instead. But why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[7 years ago]

"Hey there, what's your name?"
"..my...name?"
"Yes! Your name!"
"..ro..bert...James."
"Hmm....very well then. I'll call you James. Is that ok?"
"...ok".
"Good!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert showed no signs of autism after the explosion 7 years ago. He couldn't remember anything. But one day, he was going home. He met a mysterious man in the subway. This man wears shades, and looks extremely mysterious.

"You're Robert James, aren't you?" Asked the man.
"Yup! Sure am. Why?"

The man paused for a while, then said "You really don't remember anything, now do you?"
"Huh? What are you talking about? You don't even know me personally!"
"Oh really?" The man looked irritated. "Are you telling me that the lead vocalist of the infamous Silver Dawn doesn't have any childhood memories?"
"W-what are you saying! Of course I have..."
Suddenly, the man walks out.
"W-wait! We haven't finished talking yet! Who the heck are you anyway?"
The man looked back at him, and said "We will meet again soon. For now, think about your past. Maybe you had amnesia." Then he left.

Robert was confused. "Amnesia? B-but I remember everything! About when I was found by Terry, and how I was raised as a rock star musician and..."

A few days later, he went to a nearby park to think about some things, and write a song at the same time. There she saw a young girl on the bench, crying.

"Hey there!"
"...huh?" The girl looked at him.
"May I know why are you crying?"
"..it's because...my little brother...they say he is... alive, but...he's supposed to be.."
Robert was a little surprised. "Ah, I see. So where do you think your brother is?"
The girl looked at him again. Then she gave him a brown envelope.
"Huh? What's this for?"
But before Robert can say anything else, the girl ran away.
"W-wait! What's this envelope for?"

When he got home, he felt even more confused about what's happening lately. "Who was that little girl? And that weird guy on the subway? They act as if they know me personally.."

He decided to open the envelope the girl have him. He was shocked at what was inside.
"T-these are...!"
Photos. Pretty little photos of the girl, and a little kid, with their parents.
"This is the little girl! And behind him is the weird guy!"

He looked on some other photos. It was his own. He was in some of the photos.
"Could these guys be..stalkers? Then again...why do they.."

There was a solo picture of a little boy, the girl's missing brother. He compared it to his photo.
"T-this can't be...! Does this mean that I....that I..!!"

Suddenly, Terry came to the room. He saw the young lad crying.
"You know, it's not really pretty for band vocalists to cry like that.."
"Yeah...! B-but...t-this!" He showed her the photos.
"Ah...this is..."
"..huh?"
"This must be your real family!"
"Real family? What do you mean?"
"You don't remember? I only found you in a mall explosion 7 years ago. But because I longed to have my own son...."


Robert looked at her. "Y-you?! Why did you do that? Why didn't you just turn me over? How could you be so selfish?"
"...I-I'm sorry....It's all my fault that you don't reme-"

Without any word, Terry went out of the room. Robert was still crying. But now everything made sense to him. He finally remembered everything.

The next day, he went to the instrument shop for a new keyboard. Then, he heard a melody. A sweet melody that he remembered well. He saw a young girl playing. It was her. It was his real sister. He went to her, and finished the melody.

"Maria? I-is that you?"
"..R-robert? Y-you finally remember now!!" She hugged him so tight. "Oh my God! My brother is back! He has returned! He's not dead!!"

She was very happy, and so was Robert.She took him to their house.

"Robert! My son, you're back! You're alive!" Shouted their mother, Nicole.
"Yo Robert!" Said the father.
"H-hey wait a minute!" Robert looked at his father. "You're that guy on the subway!"
"Why yes. As a matter of fact, It was me. I was trying to make you remember."
"B-but how did you know that I'm still alive? And where I am?"
"Coincidence, perhaps?"
"Yeah..right.."
"But father," Maria asked. "Why isn't he autistic anymore? I mean, is he really Robert?"
Ben answered. "Why of course! It's just that..."
"Huh? What are you guys talking about?" Robert interrupted.

Ben answered the boy. "I had a chat with a fellow psychologist. He was the one who examined you a long time ago. He said that your medical condition is, by far, one of the most uncommon cases in the world. He said you have two personas living inside you: the 'unconscious', and the 'real'. It is characterized by the color of your hair."

Maria thought. "Ahh..so that's why your hair looks reddish. A long time ago, it was blue-ish."

The family greatly rejoiced for the return of their missing member. Meanwhile, there was a knock on the door. Robert opened it. It was Terry.

"Y-you? What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to apologize formally, not only to you, but to your family as well." And then, she explained everything.
"It's ok. We forgive you." Nicole said.

However, it was not the end of the story. Having another trip to the mall to celebrate their reunion, there was another incident involving more terrorists and the police. Robert was accidentally shot by a policeman, and was rushed into the hospital.

But although Robert was unconscious in the real world, he had a dream. He saw a young autistic boy sitting near the tree. He decided to talk to him.

"Hi there!"
"..huh? Who are..you?"
"I..uh...I'm you, right?"
"Me? But..we're different."
"We almost look the same, don't we?"

Robert sat with the boy.
"You know, I never understood any of this. But because of...you...I did."
The boy looked at him.
"Shall we...go together?" Robert asked.
"Yes..!" And off they went to a faraway road.

Robert awoke in the hospital. The first thing he saw was Maria, crying over him.

"Ma...ri...a..."
"...R-robert? Y-you're back! You're alive!" And with that, she hugged him.
"I....I'm back...."
Maria noticed something. Robert's hair was blue again. He had become his autistic persona again.
Meanwhile, a doctor came in the room and explained everything to them.
"Don't worry, he can switch personas. You'll see."
And so they were all very happy. As for Silver Dawn, it never broke up. Terry worked with Ben (their father) for an all new "Silver Dawn of Harmony".

No comments:

Post a Comment